adding new fish to tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foxxy2490

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
I recently lost two of my fish and my black moor goldfish is obviously lonely. I wanted to see how to introduce new fish into the tank. When I first introduced the other two about 8 months ago my black moor ended up with ick. Using this forum a lot of people said it was because one of the two fish ( dalmatian and dwarf gourami) had brought the disease into the tank and my black moor was stressed out and caught it easily. Looking online to see how to properly introduce new fish I can't find anything on certain techniques so does this mean there are none? Also, are there any fish out there that would be better suited for my moor? My tank is 20 gallons and "cher" is about a yr old and 3in.Thanks guys!!

The preferred method is to quarantine the new fish for at least 30 days to monitor and/or treat for diseases before introducing them to your tank.

I agree I QT all new fish. Save a lot of pain and money that way. That way you are sure of healthy fish going into your display tanks.

so keep them in another tank for 30 days? The only other tank I have is a little goldfish tank I think 2 gallons or something. That is ok?

A 2g certainly isn't a goldfish tank! I would swing by walmart and pick up a 10g for $12... it'll come in handy and won't take up much room.

Back
Top Bottom