ADF in a planted pico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
I set up a planted pico and i was just pondering some ideas of what i could put in it. I was wondering if an ADF could go in it. It is a .5gal betta bow, lots of plants. Could i have a froggy? if not, any other ideas?? i will probably just end up putting a few ghost shrimp in there.

those ADFs are pretty active - I have 3 in an Eclipse 3 and they use every inch of the tank (and I'd bet they'd use every inch of a larger tank).
Personally I'm really starting to enjoy my ghost shrimp - I love how you can see the bloodworm from the inside of them as they eat. And watching those teeny little pinchers pick up and bring food to their mouths. Maybe I'm just easily fascinated by nature LOL

i use to have ADFs they do need swimming space, and like the company of other ADFs so a pico would NOT work

they need at least, (the more the better though) a gallon per frog

those little guys are fun to watch though, they can balance themselves on virtually anything including plant leaves

They're a hoot. Feeding them is the challenge - drop a bloodworm right on them and they just sit there. I must say "EAT !!! its RIGHT THERE !!! " 20x when I feed them LOL
Eventually they hunt everything down but I'm so used to the rainbows and congo tetras (who barely wait for the food to hit the water) that the "ADF style" of eating makes me a little anxious LOL

Back
Top Bottom