adult size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbietofishes

Aquarium Advice Regular
How long does it take for fishes to get to thier adult size on average, I know each species are different but my ruby shark (got red fins) if ive named it correctly and my tri colours barbs dont seem to grow, had the shark for about two years and he still small ish for something that should be bigger I thought... he's about 10cm and my tri barbs are around 5cms when they grow to 8cm so im told and ive had them for a year got them in a 240l tank even my 5 banded barbs are small too and had them the around the same time as the tri colours barbs. just want to make sure that im not doing something that could be slowing thier growth or stunning their growth or am I expecting too much too soon assumed they would grow to adult size within a year or close to just that ive got danios in a smaller litre tank (120L) but length wise same as the 240l and Im sure I got them after the two barbs and they seem to be bigger.
Sorry for the long post.

Stunting can be a possibility, and please don't bump threads. People will respond in their own time :)

Stunting can be a possibility, and please don't bump threads. People will respond in their own time :)

Wouldnt have bumped it but I felt it was forgotten as this was put out early sept so it not as if I bumped it from a few days ago but sorry...

If it is possible for my fish to be stunt how so? Its not by the size of the tank cos ive got the top end of what the ruby shark recommend size which is 60 gallon there about, of course bigger the better, but it dont explain what im doing wrong, Am I feeding my fish too little?

Back
Top Bottom