Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XxNoobxX

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I'm new in this forum :) hope to get some help.. I'm thinking on buying some freshwater angel fish...I have a 20 gallon tank I would like to know how many of these fish can I have in there and what they need I have a couple things for them but I'm not sure what else can be good for them... Also I would like to know where do u think these fish can be like more healthy.. Walmart, petco or pet-smart.?? Thank u all.. I appreciate ur help..!! ??☺

Hello I'm new in this forum :) hope to get some help.. I'm thinking on buying some freshwater angel fish...I have a 20 gallon tank I would like to know how many of these fish can I have in there and what they need I have a couple things for them but I'm not sure what else can be good for them... Also I would like to know where do u think these fish can be like more healthy.. Walmart, petco or pet-smart.?? Thank u all.. I appreciate ur help..!! dde0adde0a☺

Welcome to the forum!
The thing with angels, and all fish really, is you have to look at their adult size. Really, a 20 is not enough to hold an adult sized angel. If you were to get, say, 1 or 2 juvenile angels and put them in a 20 with a plan to upgrade to a larger tank, that would work in the short term. To house an angel in a 20 for long term, you wouldn't be able to have anymore than one. And when it's full grown that would be really pushing it. I would advise against keeping a full grown angel in a 20 long term, to be honest.they just need more room than that. A 30 would be a minimum for an adult, I'd say. All my opinion and based on my experience, anyway.

As far as where to buy them, I buy at a local smaller aquarium store and then also Petsmart.

Hope that helps.

Thank u it is helpful.. I dont wanna make the fish suffer i love animals and thats why im on my way of becoming a vet.. Thank u so much.. :)

Welcome to AA!
I have a tiny sized angel his body is the size of a dime in a 29 gallon, but he will get pretty big, and a 29 I would say is a minimum for one angel

Make sure you read up on the cycling process XxnoobxX. It will help greatly in your starting of a aquarium. Angels aren't a good idea for a 20 gallon. How about a couple of dwarf gourami?

Thank u all.. And i do need a little help with the cycling process :/

I am not a cycling expert by any means but wanted to ask if you are doing a fish less cycle or will you have fish in the tank? Many people here prefer a fish less cycle. What this means is that you set your tank up with no fish in it and let it "cycle", which gives enough time for the bad stuff (ammonia, nitrites) to get out of the water and for the good bacteria to start growing. There are different processes to take. I'm on an iPad app right now so can't easily copy/paste but I'm hoping someone will see this and put you on to some links. I'm sure if you go to the "getting started" forum, you will find links on cycling both without and with fish. It can take anywhere from, say, 2 weeks to over a month for a tank to completely cycle (I.e. zero readings for ammonia and nitrite, healthy levels of nitrate to show). Hoping someone else will jump in here and offer more advice...

Back
Top Bottom