Advice for Danio companions in 29gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fastguppy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got a 29 gallon with 10 zebra danios (2 are long fin). The tank is moderately planted with smallish gravel. The filter is the crappy top fin hob that came with the tank. I'm looking to add some more fish. What would work with my active but friendly bunch of zebra danios? (Temp is about 23 deg. C).

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hello far guppy,
23c is about 75f right?White cloud minnows prefer cooler water like danios and stay pretty small.
Cherry barbs are cool watter fish too,but they might Hassel your danios.

Thank you for the advice! Will white cloud minnows get along ok with my danios? Alternatively I was thinking about harlequin rasboras. Any thoughts?

Hello far guppy,
23c is about 75f right?White cloud minnows prefer cooler water like danios and stay pretty small.
Cherry barbs are cool watter fish too,but they might Hassel your danios.

Cherry barbs are actually one of the most docile barb species unlike their tiger relatives that are notorious for fin nipping.

Caleb

You could do about any tetra species, cherry barbs as said above, Odessa barbs, Kuhli loaches, corydoras, silver hatchets the list goes on.

Caleb

So they'd be a good match with the zebras? Could they handle the zebra's...err..."zest for life"?

Ooooo.....excellent! Thanks for the list!

Thank you for the advice! Will white cloud minnows get along ok with my danios? Alternatively I was thinking about harlequin rasboras. Any thoughts?

I have both danios and minnows in a 29g and have no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom