Advice for transferring fish to another aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiscash

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Alright, here goes.
I have a 15g tank that contains 6 Cory cats. I love them dearly and really want to start over with the tank they are in as there are quite a few things I am not happy about with it (ie: I want to change the gravel to the Tahitian moon sand/Flourite combo I have in my Betta's tank and I want to actually put aquatic plants in it opposed to the non-aquatic plants that Petco sold to me as aquatic plants and proceeded to rot[they are out now, obviously]).

I was hoping to keep them in my Betta's ten gallon for a while, while I fix up and re-cycle their tank. I know all of them in there would be pushing it to being a little overstocked, but again, it would not be permanent.

So would there be any safe way to doing this ? Obviously, I am not going to plop all 6 in there all at once, but how slowly should I start introducing them the 10g ?

Or does anyone have any other suggestions ?

Thank you !

Is it really that easy ? Haha.

I am just worried about one of them dying due to an ammonia/nitrite spike or something when I put them back in. Do you think it will be alright though?

Thank again !

I've swapped substrates like that in the past. Just put the fish in a bucket, drain the tank, swap substrates, fill it back up making sure its at the right temp, acclimate the fish, put them back in, done. Its always a good idea to keep an eye on your parameters, but it didnt have any effects on me

Alright then, sounds like a plan.

Thanks a bunch !

Back
Top Bottom