Advice on shipping a fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

howmanyds

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 4" goby cichlid that someone wants to buy from me. I've never shipped anybody before, so I'd love some advice.

I have some insulated boxes from shipments I've received, so that's a start. I've heard that I should have the goby fast for three days prior to shipping and that I should put something in the water to de-stress him. Can anyone suggest what product that should be?

Also, where do I get fish shipping bags?

Thanks.

Im unsure what bags you are talking about, but if you mean a clear bag from a pet store that holds water and air and closes with a rubber band? Just ask. They will give you some!

I have a 4" goby cichlid that someone wants to buy from me. I've never shipped anybody before, so I'd love some advice. I have some insulated boxes from shipments I've received, so that's a start. I've heard that I should have the goby fast for three days prior to shipping and that I should put something in the water to de-stress him. Can anyone suggest what product that should be? Also, where do I get fish shipping bags? Thanks.

First make sure they understand that they will have to pay for IMO at least express of not overnight. It's getting cold around the states. Second fasting for a few days and do a big water change the day before so you have clean water in your bag. Add a little prime and it should be good. Lastly make sure to double bag and pack them in tightly. As for bags ask the lfs or order some online

I should put prime in when I do the 50+ PWC the day before. Should I also put a drop in the bag after I've bagged him?

For a 4" fish use a big bag and use as little water as necessary.The more Oxygen you trap in the bag the better for the fish.Also use a heat pad to keep the water temperature up.

Back
Top Bottom