Advice on stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RJT

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello,

I have been out of the fresh water tank hobby for a long time so I definitely need advice on the fish selections I have already made.

I have a 30g with driftwood and some decorations that have a lot of hiding spots. The kids and I bought the following:

2 marigold swordfish 2in
2 pineapple swordfish 2in
3 buenas aires tetra 1.5in
1 red tail shark 1.5in

Is this a good combination?

the red tail shark will need a bigger home eventually and the buenos tetras should be in a school of at least 5 so i would suggest getting two more otherwise yeah sounds good to me

One marigold is male. All others are female. One of the pineapple is larger than the male marigold

the red tail shark will need a bigger home eventually and the buenos tetras should be in a school of at least 5 so i would suggest getting two more otherwise yeah sounds good to me

I was worried that it would get crowded if I got 5. Adding two more won't mess up the hierarchy?

That would be amazing. Too bad I have no idea how to raise them

First bites is great for feeding them but you would need a separate tank to care for the fry in

An additional tank may be a problem right now. But in a few months who knows!!

I didn't think far enough ahead to consider fry. Thank you for the advice

No problem. If one of the females looks plump, then you will probably have fry soon

Hopefully by then I will have another tank running.

Do you think my tank is big enough for 5 buenos tetras

no, if anything it will help the hierarchy. buenos aires tetras are known to be nippy if they arent kept in larger groups

Got it. And that explains why they are nippy towards each other sometimes. I will pick up two more in the morning. Thank you

Got them. Everyone seems okay. Thank you for your help everyone

Update:

The tetras are schooling all of the time now. At least in my tank it makes a difference if is 3 or 5 of them because them seem a lot happier

Back
Top Bottom