Advice Please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Incogneto21

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I used a test strip and my Nitrate on the spectrum is 20ppm which says is safe, my Nitrite is 0ppm, total hardness is 75ppm (soft), total chlorine 0ppm, total alkalinity 120ppm (ideal) and my ph is almost 6.8 which is neutral, but a tiny bit acidic. The question is will my BB help regulate the ph to neutral? (I attached a picture of the color chart)

Attachments

• image-920748418.jpg
    image-920748418.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 55
Your ph is perfectly fine at 6.8

How did you test for ammonia?

I recommend getting an API Master Test Kit to do future testing. The paper strips arent reliable

Your ph is perfectly fine at 6.8

How did you test for ammonia?

I recommend getting an API Master Test Kit to do future testing. The paper strips arent reliable

I'm actually buying the ammonia strips later today, but I keep hearing about API Master Test Kit and that it's very good.

I'm actually buying the ammonia strips later today, but I keep hearing about API Master Test Kit and that it's very good.

Yeah and in the long run cheaper as it does 800tests and is more accurate and a separate test for ammonia is not needed

An additional one is not needed cuz its included in the kit and most test strips its not.

If the nitrite is 0 and the nitrate is 20 wouldn't the ammonia be 0? The reason I ask is cause the readings are very low.

So I used a test strip and my Nitrate on the spectrum is 20ppm which says is safe, my Nitrite is 0ppm, total hardness is 75ppm (soft), total chlorine 0ppm, total alkalinity 120ppm (ideal) and my ph is almost 6.8 which is neutral, but a tiny bit acidic. The question is will my BB help regulate the ph to neutral? (I attached a picture of the color chart)

Off topic but if those are accurate I would do anything for that water!!!

I've heard the API test kits, which I think EVERYONE uses I this forum, are much cheaper from Amazon than any pet supply chain store or LFS (local fish store).

Back
Top Bottom