aerayion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerseybird97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Probably a very common question... I got a 75 gal with a canister filter. Is an aerator or powerhead needed?

depends on what your wanting... A powerhead would be better for some applications, but i think air stones look fake and take away from the natural look of the tank. What fish are you stocking? A powerhead would probably be your best bet, but i dont run one in my 150 because the two canisters keep the surface agitated enough... If the surface of the water isnt moving, you will need something to help with the oxygen exchange... What kind of filter is it?

I tilted the canisted output on an angle so that the flo disrupts the surface. I'm satisfied that it'll be ok now.

i just ordered a spray bar for one of my canisters last night... im hoping that will provide some more surface agitation... you might consider something like that as well, especially with only one filter. i paid $12 for mine on ebay

Back
Top Bottom