Afrian Dwarf Frog Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TyTy98

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,,

I have had this adf for a while now. Over a span of 4 to 5 months his/her belly has gotten gigantic! No joke. I am going to post a picture. Is it pregnant?? Please help!!
I will post an even better picture later

Attachments

• image-3984000240.jpg
    image-3984000240.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 98
Two posts isn't going to help. ;)

I googled "Fat African Dwarf Frog" and found pictures of ADF's with Dropsy.

Go google it, "ADF Dropsy"

" Dropsy can be a problem and unfortunately there is not a lot that can be done for the frog if this develops. This can be recognised by swelling of the abdomen, the only course of treatment is to remove the infected frog to a hospital tank, adding anti bacterial meds to the water. As a back up, the main tank should be treated as well."

Good luck.

Nope, ADF's don't get pregnant. Please take some pics of it from another angle. Also, please sex the frog. If it's a male, it will have a small bump under the armpit. From this paticular photo, it looks like a sexually mature female. It could be dropsy, but I don't think so. How is the frog acting?

siva said:
Nope, ADF's don't get pregnant. Please take some pics of it from another angle. Also, please sex the frog. If it's a male, it will have a small bump under the armpit. From this paticular photo, it looks like a sexually mature female. It could be dropsy, but I don't think so. How is the frog acting?

I will try and get another picture. She is slow but when I feed them she is really active.

Ok so it is a female then? That's a good sign. Is she sitting on the bottom excessively/not rising for air very often?

siva said:
Ok so it is a female then? That's a good sign. Is she sitting on the bottom excessively/not rising for air very often?

The frog died. I think it had dropsy

Back
Top Bottom