African Brown Knife Diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wxboilermaker

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 40 gal with a brown knife, a few blood fins, cherry barbs and an algae eater (it's name escapes me at the moment, but it's long and yellow/green).

Anyway, I feed the knife frozen blood worms (and consequently the other fish too) about every two days, altho I sometimes stretch it out to 3 or 4 to prevent over feeding. I'm thinking it would be a good idea to get some variety in his diet, so I'm comtemplating hatching some brine shrimp.

I've seen the automatic hatcheries like this:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=10692&N=2004+112975

and was wondering how well they worked or if they were any good.

I like to feed all of my freshwater fish the freshwater flakes.. but once/twice a week we throw in bloodworms to vary the diet for the 2 african knife fish. they go crazy over this stuff.. but only twice a week or they get too big too quick.. and mine are already huge.. one is almost 9-10 inches.. and gorgeous.

Brown knife fish will usually eat whatever you feed them, flakes are fine as a main diet, supplemented with frozen occaisonally. Bloodworms are great frozen food, you can also buy frozen baby brine shrimp, easier than hatching them. The flakes and bloodworms are all that's necessary though.

Back
Top Bottom