African Butterfly Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anybody have any experience with them as far as food goes. What do you feed and how much? I sort of saved one from a friend and its really skinny.

LIVE food. I used to catch moths on the porch light and give it to mine. Live small Crickets as a treat. - as long as it floats they will eat it -

They can be fed floating pellets. They will also eat small top dwelling fish so don't add fish like guppies or danios.

My AB was named Mothra. I fed him all live food. Would not eat dead/pellets. Got to hard. He was aggressive and hard to feed. I do miss him tho....

Ok so far I have tried freeze dried brine shrimp no luck there. He did eat one frozen bloodworm out of a whole cube:/. Next I will try live food hopefully crickets will do the trick.

I fed mine crickets when I got my african butterfly and he loved them. I have since been feeding a mixture of crickets and floating pellets.

African butterfly's are really skittish when bright tank lights are on or if you move to quickly. Try slowly introducing some food with the lights off.

I have a lid for it. I just tried some more floating freeze dried shrimp with the lights off still doesn't seem to want them. I hope crickets will do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom