African butterfly fish change color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna_327

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi.

I bought my African Butterfly fish a few days ago. However, I have recently started to notice that my Butterfly fish can change its color. Is that normal? I did some research on Internet but so far I have not been able to find anything that has stated that it is common for this fish to change color.
I hope that someone will be able to answer my question.

Fish have the ability to change colors based on disposition and overall health. Most tend to fade their coloring during their sleep hours to help evade predation. New acquisitions can display drastic changes in pattern until they stabilize. Please describe the color changes you speak of and when you are noticing it, i.e. feeding, top-offs, etc.

Fish have the ability to change colors based on disposition and overall health. Most tend to fade their coloring during their sleep hours to help evade predation. New acquisitions can display drastic changes in pattern until they stabilize. Please describe the color changes you speak of and when you are noticing it, i.e. feeding, top-offs, etc.
Thanks for your answer. My Butterfly fish becomes lighter when I turn of the light, and when I turn it on it becomes darker.

Back
Top Bottom