African Dwarf Frogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindsayB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've never had african dwarf frogs before, and I'm curious about their behavior. My frogs are constantly bumping into the gravel as they propel downwards...I'm worried that they might injure themselves? Is this normal behavior? Thanks!

yeah, thats normal they just get air and they say they have trouble seeing so they may bump themselves on the way down

Yeah, sorry to say but the frogs can't see very far and often are very clutzy. They also have bad aim when it come to getting food most times unless it stays there, cuz they know they saw it and they think it's in the same spot so they propell themselves forward and just push the food further away. I luff my ADF's though they're so faaaatttt lol

I have 4 ADF's and I love watching them as much as any of my fish. They'll tear to the top for a gulp of air and then hit everything on the way back down until they finally find something to rest on.

Dave

Attachments

• dscn4256.jpg
    dscn4256.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 57
  • dscn4260.jpg
    dscn4260.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 52
  • dscn4262.jpg
    dscn4262.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 66
Awww, your fogs are cute. Yes, mine do the same, it's kind of entertaining, as long as they're not hurting themselves, then that's ok. Thanks for the help!

I love it when mine pop out of my castle towers to see if it's clear then jet themselves to the top and then try to find the towers again to go back into the castle. They're so cute, I love all 5 of mine ^^

Xzap I love those photos! They're so cute!

I would think any non-aggressive fish and they would be ok. As long as none of them are big enough to eat them.

i would not put an ADF with a bala shark, i'm sure if the shark was hungry enough he would gobble up the ADF no problem

They're scavengers, mine'll eat anything from fish food, to meat, to bloodworms... they'll eat pretty much anything they see in front of them.

Back
Top Bottom