African Dwarf not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimsz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an african dwarf (for about a year) in my 55 gallon. Normally a couple times a week I will feed him with tweezers thawed blood worms which he goes for. The last few weeks though he is not taking any of them. I've dropped some frog pellets for him in his hiding places but don't know if he is getting them or if fish are getting them first.

Last week i pulled him out of the main tank and put him in a bowl with thawed bloodworms & pellets and left him for a couple hours. If he ate it was a small amount.

I'll purchase some shrimp (cubes) to thaw for him and see if he will eat those by tweezers.

Any other suggestions on how to get him to eat? (or what?)

Stop pellets for some time and offer bloodworms or shrimps or kril etc. Induce his appetite. I hope he isn't sick.

Shrimp pellets and bloodworms provide low nutritional value in my opinion, loads of fat. California black worms are a better substitute. I'd feed them pellets made specifically for frogs.

Shrimp pellets and bloodworms provide low nutritional value in my opinion, loads of fat. California black worms are a better substitute. I'd feed them pellets made specifically for frogs.
Ita for the time being. As I said to induce his appetite back to normal.

Is he otherwise behaving normally? How's his color?

Back
Top Bottom