African rope fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mine love live shrimp and frozen krill i get the sheet kind cause the cube is like worms and the wont eat that

I am no expert on ropefish but I have fish in my tank that mine could certainly eat if he wanted to but again, he shows absolutely no aggression

so both new rope fish i bought on Thursday ended up dead this morning...they didnt look that good after i aclimated them plus they did not eat so i saw it coming...so i took them back to petco and they tested a water sample with dip strips and tell me ammonia is a bit high i tell the lady i tell her i bet there was 2 15inch rope fish that were dead since who knows what time yesterday...So after all that back and forth she gets me 2 new rope fish as she walking over to her station she lets them jump out of the fish bin from about 4 feet up and as shes trying to catch the poor fish shes beating them up and dropping them again ...

after all that they want to try to bag them and make me bring them home....nope store credit is what i did

abstract373 said:
so both new rope fish i bought on Thursday ended up dead this morning...they didnt look that good after i aclimated them plus they did not eat so i saw it coming...so i took them back to petco and they tested a water sample with dip strips and tell me ammonia is a bit high i tell the lady i tell her i bet there was 2 15inch rope fish that were dead since who knows what time yesterday...So after all that back and forth she gets me 2 new rope fish as she walking over to her station she lets them jump out of the fish bin from about 4 feet up and as shes trying to catch the poor fish shes beating them up and dropping them again ...

after all that they want to try to bag them and make me bring them home....nope store credit is what i did

Sorry about your fish, and the poor fish at the store:( personally, I'd take my business elsewhere if your able to.

Back
Top Bottom