After having a debate with my mom at petsmart..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
she said she's gonna THINK about me getting a 20 gal now. She's telling me she's gotta see where I'm gonna put it, how unhappy she is about having 2 tanks, the whole issue with them if we move into our apartment.... My GOD she just kept going! But I told her my game plan on why I need it and how i'm going to separate my fish and stuff like that. I saw the kit for the 20 gal for 80 bucks, she's not going for it so I was thinking of just buying the essentials first, then buying stuff like the hood/lamp thing later and just getting the tank, a filter, and a heater because she was like opposing getting the kit because of stuff I don't need. She also started going on about how water gets on my carpet, I don't clean the sink, I leave fish nets and a few pebbles on the sink sometimes. I mean I can see where she's coming from but some stuff I'm just like...so... put it in my room?

Well out of that trip I got a new heater...fish food... and a new thermometer, a good workout from following my mom pacing between 3 aisles, and a hope that i might get a new fish tank. Go me!

how do you plan on separating the fish if you get your new tank?? im just curious as to what your set up will be.

Being a mom and a grandmom myself, I can see where she is coming from. Having 8 tanks spread from one end of the house to the other, I can understand your feelings.

Maybe by being extra conscientious about cleaning up after your fish things etc, she will see your dedication and desire and possibly appreciate the effort enough to let you have another tank? Just a thought to try to help.

I had a post about it about 2 days ago Ashley....I'll go get what me and Talloulou agreed on.

Yeah I know Hara, but I already told her after this tank I don't NEED anymore tanks I don't NEED anymore fish. And I know I need to clean up more X.x it's a bad habit of mine.

List of Fully Grown(?) Fish & Inches (not counting babies...not even GOING there..)

4 Female mollies - 2" x 4= 8"
1 male molly - 2" x 1= 2"
1 male betta - 2" x 1= 2"
1 female betta - 2" x 1= 2"
3 neon tetras - 1" x 3= 3"
2 black skirt tetras - 2" x 2= 4"
2 dwarf gouramis - 2.5" x 2= 5"
1 blue gourami - 3" x 1= 3"
4 zebra danios - 1" x 4= 4"
2 gold longfin danios(?) - 1" x2= 2"
1 albino cory- 1"
1 bronze(?) cory- 1"
1 leopard cory- 1"

+ 5 African dwarf frogs

All together that's 38" of fish and 5 frogs...

who CAN'T be together

female and male betta - He rips her fins off
male betta & gouramis - No biting, but hostility

My Plan

10 Gal

2 dwarf gouramis 5"
1 blue gourami 3"
2 gold longfin danios 2"
3 cories 3"

20 Gal

4 female mollies 8"
4 zebra danios 4"
3 neon tetras 3"
1 female betta 2"
2 black skirt tetras 4"
+ ADFs

Talloulou's plan

10 gallon

1 gourami
3 cories
3 neon tetras
1 betta

20 gallon
ADF
2 gouramis
6 danios
4 mollies

Yeah, yeah I know that's why I need another tank. Not ALL of my fish are in the 10 gal though.

how old are you Puriti??? i would think that as long as you have the tank in your room your mom shouldn't mind what you have as long as you clean up.. and yes you need to clean up afterwards. I was allowed to fish and stuff in my room, i even had a caterpiallar that turned into a cacoon and then butterfly that i let out. My aunt used to "inspect" my room each morning, and as long as it was neat she didn't mind what i had in there. Maybe if you clean up and show that you can shoulder the responsiblitly it won't be as much of a problem.

my mom and dad were kinda of mad at me for having so many tanks, i used to have 6 or 7 and they were fine with it, but now i only have 2 fish tanks and a turtle tank but for some reason they think i have too many fish now....

I would say get rid of some of your fish and stuff and shelll get happier but your only gonna have 2. Just be nice help around the house and what not and shell definitely be a little less mad about you getting it,hey thats how i got my 65 gallon tank :D

good luck

I'm 16. She's really didn't want me to even have fish at all. I do clean up after my messes for the most part, just not the way SHE wants me to.

Don't be telling her that you'll stop at two. I already see the beginning stages of MTS. It won't be long before you find something else you want and it will be "one more tank" and your words will come back and bite you in the *bum* :D

Kim

I just hope i have enough money for the tank a filter and a heater for now....I spent 14 today just on fish food, a thermometer, and the new heater...

*counts money* I'm going to have JUST enough I think with nothing left over til next week.... *slinks around for spare change*

ah well good luck with your new tank.. should be fun. OH and don't buy any more fish!!! LOL. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom