Aggressive Dalmatian Molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got two new fish and a new snail! I got one GloFish Tetra named Kiwi and a GloFish Tetra - Fantail/Fintail Tetra hybrid (or so I've been told) named Cherry. Cherry basically looks like a GloFish Tetra, but with really fancy, pretty fins. My new snail's name is Mossy, because it has green markings on its shell. Cherry and Kiwi have been getting along great with Tangerine. They've been swimming happily around the tank, and Domino hasn't chased any of them. Domino has sometimes followed them around in their school, sometimes he's just been swimming around on his own. I definitely think that getting more Tetras was the best idea. I probably won't get any more fish for a while, though- the tank is pretty much at full capacity.

I'm glad you tank seems happy and all but I just wanted to point out to you that your tank was at full capacity BEFORE adding more tetras and a snail.

http://www.aqadvisor.com/

Going out on a limb here and you could try this site which gives stocking capacity for various tank/filter sizes. Looking at other posts I gather it errs on the side of caution but a start (assuming you haven't seen it before). I found it useful as a tool plus my own observations.

Useable results! It was interesting to add the filters and see what that came up with for stocking level (a nice feature). The final result was not far off for stocking from what I had thought - maybe +20% difference. I did just use adult size and didn't worry about trying to use a slide rule on the various fish.. lol. It would be good if they said what they assume adult size to be as then you would know to use juvenile (with user entered length) as needed.

It came out as very slightly overstocked whereas I thought maybe 80% but I knew that I couldn't get any more fish (sigh) as I'm getting the odd baby molly and platy surviving. Just using a rough inch per gallon (I assume US) came out about 90% now so I guess all results in the ballpark. The other recommendations like weekly water change, ph and temp, etc also didn't seem unreasonable. The fish I have are all pretty bog standard fish which may help. Worth trying.

Back
Top Bottom