Aggressive guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rebecca_lorene

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We inherited a freshwater tank when we bought our house 3 months ago. There were 3 tetras. A couple months ago we added some fish. We have 2 Mickey platys and a male gup (other died within a week). We have never had problems with aggression. Yesterday we bought 2 neon tetras, a sword lyretail and a yin yang guppy. Now the 1st guppy (he’s tiny) is being agressive to almost everyone. He chases and nips, gets them cornered. What are the chances this will pass? I wasn’t surprised when there was some aggression to the newbies, but why the platys that he’s been with? Petco employee seemed sure that all these should be fine together

I’m not extremely familiar with guppies . But I’m trying to cover the basics are you sure of the sex of all these fish?

Edit after reading again. There’s only one guppie?

There’s a new yin yang gup that’s male......he’s not going after this one. He’s going after the other fish (new and established).....he’s never been like this

Back
Top Bottom