Aggressive Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davies97

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Pleco has been aggressive latey chasing other fish away any ideas

My bristlenose used to chase my cichlids. I finally had to rehome him because I was afraid of the whole slime coat thing.

Ok i have know cichlids he normally chases corydoras and kuhuli loaches

Starka said:
I bet its a territorial thing. You can rearange

Darn my phone!

You can rearrange the tank or provide more hiding spots for him.
How big is the tank?

Tank's too small. He's maturing and getting more aggressive. This isn't going to fix itself. He needs a tank more than twice the size of this one.

What else is in this tank? You mentioned kuhlis who also need a larger tank.

Doesn't matter. My chihuahua mix has the personality of a st bernard. You are housing not for size but for aggressive tendencies. The fish is telling you, in pretty plain language, that it is not comfortable in this environment.

One of the secrets of being a good fishkeeper is knowing how to hear what your fish are telling you.

LyndaB said:
Doesn't matter. My chihuahua mix has the personality of a st bernard. You are housing not for size but for aggressive tendencies. The fish is telling you, in pretty plain language, that it is not comfortable in this environment.

One of the secrets of being a good fishkeeper is knowing how to hear what your fish are telling you.

I agree with Lynda. The tank you have is too small for either. Do you have another tank you can put them in?

Most of us would love to have certain species but we don't because we can't properly house them.

You really need to do what's right for the fish. I know this has been mentioned in your other threads. Ultimately, of course, the decision is yours. We can only try to steer you in the right direction.

But, if you keep on your chosen path, things don't look good for you or your fish.

54 ltr that is quite small for those fish u hav. Agreed with LyndaB. If u love to see ur fish happy follow some rules. Give them spaces they actually need.

Back
Top Bottom