Aggressive swordtail??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennascalise

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently got 2 male swordtails, and put them in my 55 gallon tank. There's a bala, a rainbow, 3 gouramis, 3 tetras, 2 danios, and 2 angel fish. The sword tails do not fight with each other at all, or any of the other fish, except the angels. They've been in the tank together for a few days and I've noticed that they started attacking one of the angels today. He was chasing it and nipping at it. Anytime I see him attacking, I always tap the tank so he gets scared and swims away. I know that's not the best thing to do, but I don't know what else, I don't want him to kill my angels fish. Any ideas??

Aggressive sword tail??

I recently got 2 male swordtails, and put them in my 55 gallon tank. There's a bala, a rainbow, 3 gouramis, 3 tetras, 2 danios, and 2 angel fish. The sword tails do not fight with each other at all, or any of the other fish, except the angels. They've been in the tank together for a few days and I've noticed that they started attacking one of the angels today. He was chasing it and nipping at it. Anytime I see him attacking, I always tap the tank so he gets scared and swims away. I know that's not the best thing to do, but I don't know what else, I don't want him to kill my angels fish. Any ideas??

What is worth more to you Angels or a swordtail? Sometimes a decision has to be made.

Back
Top Bottom