Agresion please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soccer_fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 30 g tank with 3 angelfish 1 ghost glass fish 1 clown loach and 7 neon tetras
They have all been in there for a while now and there were no problems.i recently added
1 BETTa fish and the one (only one)angelfish is attacking him.now he is hiding in a small
Crack between the glass and the filter.please help!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Can't really help you much with the aggression issue other then to say bettas and angelfish are know to not get along a lot of the time. You could try rearranging your tank so your fish have to reclaim territories it may or may not help. If it doesn't help and after a few days you still have issues one of them will probably need to be moved.

One another note. One clown loach alone isn't the best either. They are much happier in groups preferably at least 4 and will need a bigger tank then a 30g in time. I've had my clown loaches for a year and a half and they've easily doubled in size.

Good luck. Hopefully it works out or someone has a better idea for you

Your Betta should be moved ASAP. Introducing tank mates in an established aquarium with cichlids especially, can be tricky. I agree that the loaches are better kept in a group and they will outgrow your tank. Ghost catfish should also be kept in a group of their own kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom