agressive platys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nolanyaa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 2 platys r picking on my dwarf gourami what should i do?

Are they in that tank in your avatar? That looks like a small tank, which might very well be the problem. In many cases, a larger tank with lots of hardscape will solve aggression issues. You may have to take the fish back if you just purchased it or you might want to consider donating it to another fishkeeper. Sometimes, though, things work themselves out once a pecking order is formed.

What size is this tank?

David

Are they in that tank in your avatar? That looks like a small tank, which might very well be the problem. In many cases, a larger tank with lots of hardscape will solve aggression issues. You may have to take the fish back if you just purchased it or you might want to consider donating it to another fishkeeper. Sometimes, though, things work themselves out once a pecking order is formed.

What size is this tank?

David

I agree this tank looks to small to have five fish in it. Especially since your mollies will probably end up having babies soon

What size is this tank?

David

It's a 10 gallon and I'm thinking about rehoming the platys

I'm mobile so I can't see your avitar pic well but maybe some taller plants for lots of coverage could help. But honestly I put 5 platys in my 55 with my juvenile angels and they picked at the tops of the angels dorsal fins so I returned them. It's a shame too because they were a beautiful addition to the tank...

I'm mobile so I can't see your avitar pic well but maybe some taller plants for lots of coverage could help. But honestly I put 5 platys in my 55 with my juvenile angels and they picked at the tops of the angels dorsal fins so I returned them. It's a shame too because they were a beautiful addition to the tank...

Yeah that's strange because I thought they weren't aggressive fish but I'll put some plants in and see what happens thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom