agressive swordtails???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
My stats in the tank are a 37g tall water is testing perfect. l but I do have to do a tun of water changes for high nitrates. It is planted. I have been adding plants every couple of days. I know that swords like a heavily planted tank and I am working on that. Here is what I have in the tank.
2 female swords
2 female mickey mouse platys
1 male sword
8 cardinal tetras
So now everybody seems to be doing great except the two female swords. These two won't stop picking at each other I don't know how to get them to stop. I originally thought that they had a bad case of ich. Until I saw them fighting. Ok really it's a very prego one that is the aggersor. What should I do to do to stop the one from beating the other to death?

consider moving the pregger one into a separate tank until shes given birth, she might just want her space

Would a 10 gallon work? I don't have a lot of money to work with atm. I can probably pull off a decent 10g system, it will also be next week before I can get to a store that has anything fish related to get it.

a 10 would be fine...after all once shes done she should be fine when put back into the main tank

That'll work then I was thinking about getting a qt anyway. Hopefully my girl will be ok till then. The one getting beat up is my favorite one in the group!

Back
Top Bottom