Ahh Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoked

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so here goes... A few months back I found out I would be moving from Washington to texas. I was unable to cut down on my stock of guppy and endlers. Before the move had to put all in one tank to cut down on space. And of course hybrids developed. I only lost one out of about 30 fish in the move they rode with me in the moving truck for 6 days with bubbler. But now they are all in the same tank again and I don't know what to do I want to start my breeding program up again but don't have the room for all out breeding. I have a few that I would like to see what kind of colors I can get out of them and one that I would like to set. Ill post some pictures later. But the issue is I can only tell the male endler hybrids the females are just that females. I know ppl frown on hybrids but since it has happened and I don't want to get rid of them I will work with what I have. Looking to do maybe 2 10gal tank to start with. Please any advice. Also wondering on anyone's out door breeding programs. The temperature here is perfect for it my tank temp has not dropped below 72 with no heater running. Anyway I'll get some pics and post them soon.

Ok here are some pics of the males. The first 2 pic was my original breeding of fancy guppies. Mother was a tequila sunrise and father was the one of my profile pic. Only 2 males survived the other is a mut. The 3rd and 4 pics are of the hybrids. The one with the orange and red tail I have 3 males almost identical of him. The last pic is a brother from same batch and the only one that came out that way. Sorry for picture quality. I didn't post any of females because most are just plain. Others are topaz, half black, and yellow.

.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395858813.980515.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395858831.831916.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395858866.110181.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395858887.996366.jpg

Back
Top Bottom