Ahhhhh!!!!! Help!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
siva said:
They are actually Glo Fish (zebra danios) not goldfish, so no, it's really not an excessive bio-load for a 26 gal IMO. The molly is a big waste producer, but there is only one. :)

Oops lol wow I even read it twice. Well then never mind all the stuff about waste.

stingrays4 said:
Hi when you do a water change getting the temperature exactly right is not a problem,unless you are doing a BIG water change,i simply put me hand in the bucket if it feels right then it is:) Fish are used to small changes in temperature. Is the tank still murky or has it cleared now? As for the fungus as already said keep an eye on it and see if it clears up. As for your filter i do not know that type,but most manufactures are rather generous with what there filters will do,this is why i always use two filters,also a very good idea just in case one packs up:)

What do you say is small 4 degrees? In 40 minutes I'd say that's a big difference. When you raise for ich you only raise 2 degrees an hour. Some people will only go one.

It is much clearer now. Still not exactly where I want it to be but maybe Im just alil sensitive.....
I dont match the water temp from the facet because I dont want to get metals from the pipes in the tank.....

What do you say is small 4 degrees? In 40 minutes I'd say that's a big difference. When you raise for ich you only raise 2 degrees an hour. Some people will only go one.
Hi one of my tanks is run at 78 and the other is at 72 and i put the same temperature water in both. Probably about 74{not that i put a thermometer in it} One thing which may be different is that one tank is 40 gallons the other is 90 gallons and since i am doing only a 20% change at a time then the temperature change would be minimal. I would advise caution though as i have been keeping fish for over 27 years so i can tell without using a thermometer whether the difference is too much or not:cool: Also do not do this with marines as they do not like change in temperature!
Footnote i also use water from the hot tap with know problems. I use the tap that is in the kitchen which is in use alot of the time so its very unlikely that there will be anything in the water. For the metals to be in the water the water needs to be in the pipes for quite awhile.
Also a word of caution as already mentioned when increasing the temperature this must be done slowly to allow the fish to acclimatise as warmer water holds less oxygen.

Back
Top Bottom