air pump or no air pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rpgmomma8404

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am wondering if I need to have an air pump in my betta tank? I was told that I didn't need it but all the information I'm finding is mixed. I'll be separating my betta's into different tanks here in the next couple of days. My dividers have been holding back the water current so neither of them will have this anymore. I was thinking about taking the air pumps out and just leaving the filter going. I'm going to get sponge filters for all my tanks but it's not going to be any time soon sadly :( . I just need some advice on this. Both of them I have it set up where I can adjust the bubbles but one even on the lowest setting still seems to be a bit much.

If they are both getting current from the filter then you should be ok to take them out. But if not then I would say that yes you need it. Now I am not sure by your post but if you are running 2 air pumps then maybe you could just run one and break up the air flow using a gang valve.

If they are both getting current from the filter then you should be ok to take them out. But if not then I would say that yes you need it. Now I am not sure by your post but if you are running 2 air pumps then maybe you could just run one and break up the air flow using a gang valve.

Ah, Yeah. I have a habit of making stuff confusing. Basically both tanks will have a filter and air pump (if I decide to keep the air pumps on the tanks). One has a valve like thingy hooked up to the hose and the other is an adjustable air pump from like the 90's or something (came with a tank I recently purchased). The adjustable air pump even on the lowest setting seems to be too much movement in the water. I don't know how the other one is going to be until I move the dividers.

Back
Top Bottom