Albino Ancistrus Babies from BrianNY!!! (Part 2)(betterpics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am kinda the same way about the abino fishes. I love BrianNY's albino pleco. The orange color is SO WICKED!!!!! I absolutely LOVE that FISH haha... The ones at tanks were more on the yellow/orange side... (i think) I was kinda tired...

:D Yes, the orange deepens when they're spawning. They max out at 4 inches.

I was thinking of sending you some webmoose, but the over night air would cost you more than your lfs is selling them for. :cry:

If you are looking to get them cheaper from another source, try Aquabid.com. They usually go for about $4-6 each for the babies. Add shipping, of course...

But the price is coming down, since the albinos on aquabid are breeding like crazy. Ppl buy them there and sell the babies they have 3 months later. So, about 1/3 of the pleco auctions are albino ancistrus ATM. It'll prob. keep on increasing, and the price you can get for them will prob. keep on decreasing.

Not really. They may be a little more imbred and will certainly have a higher "F" number (generation after being wild-caught, "F0" is wild-caught, "F1" is bred from wild-caught) as a result, but not of a lower quality... In fact, a lot of ppl go for imbred fish if it helps the color (e.g. discus, angels, guppies, Malawi Cichlids).

madasafish said:
If you are looking to get them cheaper from another source, try Aquabid.com..

I think that it is a good thing I am up in Canada and basically out of reach of this auction site Madasafish. You've pointed out this site in the past.. I think last time it was for a clutch/batch of Rainbow fish eggs.. :)

How are the babies doing? How are the parents? How are all the Albino Ancistrus doing?!?!?!!??! :) :oops:

Fine... don't know... and don't know. :wink:

Mine are still in great shape, shimmying along the glass without a care in the world.

One of mine has passed on, and I am not sure why...the other one is fine, I tested my water and it's fine too.

The one that is alive is doing great though!!

Sorry to hear that Lori. :( thanks for the updates. :) I hope the rest do ok for you guys!

I missed when you posted about the little guy's passing--that's too bad :(. I know BrianNY is away right now, but I'll have to have him save me the biggest ones for the trip.

:D Here ya go webmoose. First pic is male guarding todays eggs. You can see fry from the last spawn on the slate. Second pic is female atop the sponge filter surrounded by fry.

Menagerie, these are the largest and the ones you can take back west.

Thanks so much for posting more pictures BrianNY!!! The original male picture you posted is my desktop picture at work... hehe...

3 Spawns in the tank right now? Congrats! What size tank are you breeding in or did they just happen to breed on you? Where did you get the mom and dad from? :)

YW webmoose. 4 spawns in the 20 gallon breeding tank.

These were purchased as a pair from someone in FL off aquabid. I paid $35 for the pair + $45 shipping (US). They are quite prolific once they begin to spawn. All you need to do is make them feel comfortable. Not too bright, some places to hide and PH around 7.6 Then romance bites them and..................

They are soooooooooooooooooooooo cute... :) Thanks again for posting more pics.. I have Albino Ancistrus on the brain.. :) :wink:

How old are your oldest babies?

Happy birthday to the newest spawn.. Hehe..

Back
Top Bottom