Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Albino cories!

So I went to my local Mejier To look for some fish food and decided ill take a quick look at the fish. Well what really caught my eye was these two tanks that were side by side an set perfectly for glow fish. Black gravel and black lights to make it look amazing! While I was looking at that I decided I wanted to see the rest. All the other tanks looked bland compared to the glowfish tanks but then I seen some white streaks in a bottom tank. I looked down an a school of albino Cories were begging for my attention. These guys really grew on me in literally less then 10 seconds so I found the nearest employee an bought 4. I have them in my 30 gallon community tank and they all are getting along just fine hope they all survive awhile in my tank because try are very active and love attention from me

Old 07-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Any tips on raising them?

Old 07-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

cory cats are awesome little guys. did you buy any shrimp pellets? mine eat the flakes that make it to the bottom then shrimp pellets twice a week thats pretty much it they are easy to care for and will adapt easily. also what substrate do you have? they really prefer sand because their stomachs are sensitive and they love sifting their whiskers through the sand
Old 07-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquandrew View Post
cory cats are awesome little guys. did you buy any shrimp pellets? mine eat the flakes that make it to the bottom then shrimp pellets twice a week thats pretty much it they are easy to care for and will adapt easily. also what substrate do you have? they really prefer sand because their stomachs are sensitive and they love sifting their whiskers through the sand
Haha yeah that's what I thought when I bought them, even got me thinking on getting more and no I don't have any pellet food yet but getting some soon and smooth gravel substrate. And they seem to like it so hoping for the best and thanks for the tip

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com