albino cory after water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morodder

Aquarium Advice Newbie
after water change albino cories quiy moving and kind of leans to one side. you make them keep moving for a little while and they are ok. i have been leaving water to set in buckets fo 24hrs with heaters and put a little water conditioner in it. but that doesnt help. is there something else i can do? or is it normal

What is the pH in the tank? and what is the pH of the new water?
Also, kH/gH of each?

My panda corys all lie still on the bottom when i add new water during water changes. 10 - 15 seconds after i stop pouring they all simultaneously spring back into action
I've always put it down to a slight difference of temperature or maybe its a fright reaction?

Apart from this though they are healthy, look happy, breed OK etc, so i have no concerns.

My threestripe corys carry on doing whatever they were doing before. Maybe this is just a difference in species or the individual fishes.

In order to disturb the water less though, I do pour the new water either over a large decoration or through a colander.

Back
Top Bottom