Albino cory's and black sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieB

Aquarium Advice Regular
does anyone know if albino cory's will "darken up" when placed on a black substrate??

I Know pretty much all fish change colour depending on their surounding, my pleco's go really dark and rich with the black sand but i want Albino cory's to stay white and stand out.....

Also how long before they get to about 2 inches? I would hate for my BGK to get big enough to eat them before they get big

Years ago, I did a 400 gallon aquarium with black sand, and the only two inhabitant species were a large school of cardinal tetra and a large school of albino Corydoras...no darkening...they looked simply stunning.

Growth and growth-rate are directly effected by three major factors:

1. Quality food in decent quantity....this means a mix of dry and frozen/fresh foods.

2. Optimal water temperature for the species.

3. Lots of decent-sized water-changes. You will be amazed at growth-rate if you set a schedule of 30%-50% water changes every 2-3 days.

This being said, your BGK is going to grow at an optimal rate as well, assuming he is occupying the same aquarium, and since a BGK can reach a hefty 20", your corys may never be fully safe.

Back
Top Bottom