Algae Bloom..information?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcnomnom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Bacteria Bloom..information?

Does anyone know any links, knowledge, or suggestions on bacteria bloom? I think I have it in my tank and would like to know more about the subject, but there isnt much online. Sites basically say "it clouds the water and will go away over time with good bacterial colonies being established". But what are some other symptoms? And has anyone had any methods that helps to cure this?

(I have a 10 gallon tank 2 mollies 2 guppies set up for about a month, just treated for ich and cotton wool because both mollies had it (bought them unknowingly with ich and cotton wool, i am a beginner that has done research though) just put back in the carbon filter, but everything in the tank is covered with this slimy substance, some in strands, some in beads, some just a film type substance on all the surfaces. Looked at the carbon filter and it was DRENCHED in this slimy stuff. Im pretty sure its an algae bloom but if anyone can tell me different, please do!)

Back
Top Bottom