Algae Died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ratankun

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All

I have a 15G tank which contains plastic plants. The tank is around 6 months old and contains 9 Harl Rasbora, 1 Betta, 2 snails and some amano shrimp.

The tank used to have a lot of green algae growth, too much for my liking. During water changes i used to remove a lot of it but within a week it was back. Since the last clean 8 days ago, not only has it not grown back but remaining algae seems to be dying.

Any ideas on what could cause this? Nothing in my tank has changed including light hours.

thanks

Yes. A lot of the algae in a newer tank is generally blamed on the nutrient imbalance and lack of other beneficial bacteria that will compete for the nutrients

So, typically the issue sorts itself out as the tank matures! or for those that don’t like swamp water, it can be managed by uv sterilizers, reducing feeding, light and even completely covering the tank in darkness for several days.

If you haven’t done anything crazy like add a bunch of chlorinated water to the tank, I’d say chances are the tank has just started to balance out itself and the algae is losing the battle.

thanks for the replies, sounds like its just the natural lifecycle of a tank.

Back
Top Bottom