algae..gross

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetsuvvyb

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my 10gallon has been cycled for a couple weeks now (still gravel vac + water change 2-3 times a week, rinsing the filter as needed, usually just once a week), and it looks as though the side of the tank that gets a lot of sunlight has some algae growth...below the gravel line though.

Any thoughts on how to get rid if this muck? I've mostly been pulling the gravel away from the side to let my pleco have at it.

thanks guys!

nope.

its against a wall with a window beside it...so late in the day, if i don't pull the shade, it gets some sun on the side thats by the window, only on bottom inch or 2 (which happens to be where i've got the green stuff). It's been a very sunny summer though! The pleco kinda digs down in the gravel to get it....I dunno.

You could put a background screen on the side that is getting the sun. This is definitely what is causing the algae bloom. If this won't work, you can always use some algae control from your LFS. Just be careful with use as you have to leave some for the pleco :lol:

Back
Top Bottom