Hi I have a aquarium with stones I found in Alps. I cooked the stones and measured water values weeks after to be sure the stones donít leave unwanted minerals. It looked like working well so I decided to buy fish. Later I found after I scrubbed some stones a fish died. Next time I did again. So now I donít scrub them anymore.
Later my co2
tank was empty and it took a while to fill....result, explosion of algae....now everything is in control only the Algae leftovers are still on the stones....
I have a few shrimps who eat algae.
Does someone know or by the time the stones get clean by itselves, or scrubbing is unavoidable?