Algae outbreak need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacockkeeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 75g freshwater with and aqua clear 110 filter stocked with 11 various cichlids and a silica sand substrate. I started getting algae on my rocks a few weeks ago and they are getting covered with a green colored algae. From what I have read this is rather common but after doing a 40% water change 2 days ago I noticed yesterday the algae has spread to the glass and is looking rather unsightly. I would like to curb the problem before it gets worse. I feed once a day and never feed more that can be eaten quickly and it never even hits the bottom before being eaten. I left the lights off yesterday and am doing the same today. I have an led light with both day and night settings and I use them both. I try to keep day lights on for 8hrs and leave night time lights on until morning. My tank does not get direct sunlight.
What I would like to know is their anything else I should do to stop the outbreak? Should I scrub the tank or leave it alone? I have included pictures and would love to get opinions on the best course of action. Thanks

I'm of no help here, but kinda odd since I'm after the green algae for my mbuna to graze on lol :p, however I'd suggest turning off the moonlights.

Back
Top Bottom