Algae Problem???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superpeytonm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I clean my glass regularly for algae, but recently I noticed this green algae. I've scrubbed and scrubbed, but I've only got a little off. It's a 75g. Is it a problem? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426711692.016238.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426711729.039984.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

superpeytonm, did you measure level of Nitrite and Nitrate (+Amonia) recently? Any direct sunlight on aquarium during day? What's your light (power) and what time is it used? What plants do you have (live or plastics) and filtration in aquarium?

Not sure on the plants. There is direct sunlight as it is in front of two windows. The actual light though isn't on very much. I'm not sure on the Nitrites, Nitrates and Ammonia. I don't have a test kit yet (I know, I know), but I am getting one soon, as it is a must.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

For you to understand, I was asking because you need to have a healthy LIVE plants in your aquarium (I mean suitable aquarium plants, not any decorative living room plants). Plastic plants are useless for bio-balance and plants not suitable for aquarium can start after time decaying process in water => higher levels of nitrogen compounds => accelerator of green algae. Algae loves much light, direct sun-light can help it to spread on exposed parts. Combination of these factors can cause right green algae-boom as you describe!

Back
Top Bottom