Algae problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuOD

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

We've had a 20g tank for about 2 years now with a bunch of random fish and some substrate only. Recently there was a lot of algae forming on the glass so we switched the lightbulb out; however, the algae is still coming back just as fast if not faster. In 1 day it almost completely came back. The filters have been changed regularly and the water as well. Any solutions?

It's an 18w powerglo

I agree with neilanh, more information would help. In addition is the algae green spots on the glass? If not can you describe it?

the lighting is run for about 12 hours a day

no sun hitting the tank

there are a bunch of fish... but nothing has changed for the last 1+ year. the feeding is every day or every other day. light feeding.

the algae is growing in an even layer on the glass. normally clean it and it would grow back in 1-1.5 weeks. what happened recently in 1-2 days normally woudl take 2-3 weeks.

sorry i'm not too familiar with freshwater fish or anything. i'm pretty sure the tank is overstocked but it's been running this way for over a year now without a single problem.

Back
Top Bottom