Algea HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
image-1069175062.jpg

What is this algae? It's all over my freinds tank!?

Attachments

• image-792349522.jpg
    image-792349522.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 46
  • image-3878188851.jpg
    image-3878188851.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 57
image-2249529201.jpg

Does his ram look healthy?

image-2172772271.jpg

What about his honey gourami?

image-1828252028.jpg

The frog is going up and down alot is that bad?

Sorry for the questions!

The fish look ok IMO...dont know about the frog. My Otos along with my guppies and shrimp did a bang up job cleaning that kinda algae and brown algae out of my planted tank. I did not use the algacide due to the shrimp and snails. First get the light under control. Folks here told me about the same thing...Algae blooms in light and to many nutrients in the tank for algae to feed on. Your friend might want to cut feeding back a little as well til this bloom is destroyed

Yes I already know he over feeds,he doesn't listen...:bang head:
What type of algea?
Is 2 oto's enough?
It's a 10g
His stock is
1 GBR
1 Adf
1 bleeding heart tetra
1 black neon tetra
1 honey gourami
1 silver hatchetfish
oto's

I think he is overstocked...
Ignore the singles of Tetra's plz his parents only allow 1 of each fish(and he doesn't listen to me)

Parameters? He is a bit heavy on the bioload IMO and overfeeding...well the algae will get worse! First tho cut the lights!!! 6 hours a day.
I dont know the exact name of that type of algae, I call it bottom slime and He will need more OTOS for that mess...I am building my crew to 6 to handle it all. If he doesn't listen, then he will have to risk the algacide....cuz if he dont cut back lighting and overfeeding it will just bloom more and other algae will bloom as well. I'd also suggest some algae eating snails.....

Back
Top Bottom