Algea on driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maddness

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone tell me what this is growing on the driftwood.

Attachments

• image-988413386.jpg
    image-988413386.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 92
  • image-490887022.jpg
    image-490887022.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 90
  • image-612185185.jpg
    image-612185185.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 87
If it's the white-ish algae looking stuff you're talking about it is actually mold. It won't harm anything. You can either leave and let it go away on its own or scrub it off with a little hydrogen peroxide. Mine lasted for a little under a week and went away.

Yep tht is it. I want to stay away from having to use peroxide for. Will wait a week or two see if it doesn't take care of it on its own. But if it does continue to grow it won't be harmful to the tank ?

I have another question too. Are neon tetras usally aggressive with each other or r they just playin ? They seem to be chasing each other and not stay in a group. Could in be tht I added 5 then added another 5 a day later ?

Thanks man. Really appreciate it saved me a lot of headaches. Lol

I have another question too. Are neon tetras usally aggressive with each other or r they just playin ? They seem to be chasing each other and not stay in a group. Could in be tht I added 5 then added another 5 a day later ?

In my experience with neons they love to chase. I wouldn't worry unless you see signs of stress.

I just added 3 female Dalmatian Molly's and the seem to be eating the mold on the driftwood. Will this cause them any harm ?

I just added 3 female Dalmatian Molly's and the seem to be eating the mold on the driftwood. Will this cause them any harm ?

I had the same stuff on my Mopani wood for a couple of weeks. My pleco and Rafael catfish ate on it and they are OK. It finally went away after awhile.

Does it look like this? If so mine just came off. Nothing to worry about

Attachments

• image-4134741566.jpg
    image-4134741566.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom