All About Ghost Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsilvers

Aquarium Advice Regular
We have a 20 gallon with live plants, mollies, platies, berry tetra, rosey barb, rummy noses and glowlights. As well as a Pleco. Initially the Pleco was very interested in clean. he still does a great job, but with th elive plants, etc., we have a bit more algae than I would like. It's not noticeable except, of course to me because I look for it.
Would having ghost shrimp be an option? Maybe another pleco? The Pleco in our 10 gallon is a hoover, he's much less shy than the 20 gallon Pleco who only comes out at night. The 10 gallon Pleco comes out all the time.

Sounds like your tank is pretty full for a 20 gallon. Ghost Shrimp are not that great at algae control in my experience. I am a big fan of SAEs, but not in a 20 gal, they need more space than that. Plecos often become more interested in extra food than algae, all mine have over time. The mollies should be helping. It's a little hard to recommend any additional fish with that many in a 20 gal.

The tank is not overloaded though. We about 15 inches of fish for 20 gallons, live plants and a Liberty 150 filter that cycles really well. So it's ok...which is why I ask about another fish. We watch the fish/gallon ratio a lot...as they grow.
I heard that SAE are aggressive? Or is that Chinese AEs.?

Back
Top Bottom