All done.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xIHaKIx

Aquarium Advice Activist
Remember my goldfish?....Well they are gone :) .... got a new home in my LFS where I got 2 dollars for them.

s30100366pi.jpg

I got my check today and with my 2 dollar in store credit I went on a little shopping spree.

I picked up 3 black mollies, 1 male 2 females..... a red plottie male ... but now when I think about it I kinda think I have 3 males when I thought the 2 I had were females but well see if their stomachs grow. I also bought another Oto catfish and got a free snail!

Some pix. Finall setup on bottom.

s30100604zj.jpg

s30100613fa.jpg

s30100627so.jpg

s30100634gg.jpg

s30100645bo.jpg

s30100657hy.jpg

Ok so final unless some fish die ( God hopefully they wont cause I like all of em they way they are but yea)

1 - male guppy
3 - female guppies
2 - female blk molly
1 - male blk molly
3 - Oto Catfish
2 - Snail
2 - Neon Tetras
3 - Red Molly (1 male, 2 females; I hope thats the ratio if not then 3 males)

Thank you .... sucks the pix are so blurry I got a idea how I could make them better so work with me a while.....and I couldnt help myself when I went to Walmart I picked up a all white Molly female another red molly female and a ghost shrimp plus a snail which I was told reproduces like crazy and eats plants so I gotta keep my eye on that...plus a tetra of some kind redlight?....Im not sure I forgot the name even tho I went back and checked it...lol but yes. Got those babies and thats all for now I swear!

They dont get sick and "die" a strange death

Since I got my tank I had lots of fish in em and dont do water changes and they all live. Im lucky :)

xIHaKIx said:
They dont get sick and "die" a strange death

Since I got my tank I had lots of fish in em and dont do water changes and they all live. Im lucky :)

You really should be doing frequent water changes in that tank ... especially with the very large bioload you have. bacteria turns ammonia to nitrite and nitrite is then converted to nitrate... the only way to get rid of nitrate is to do partial water changes. Plants can help but they won't do all the work for you. Have you considered adding some Java fern or anacharis to that tank? I think it would help but you should still do water changes.

xIHaKIx said:
Jave fern or anacharis are?

plants. Java fern is lowlight and grows almost in any light. Anacharis is medium light but it absorbs nitrates like crazy and it will survive in low light.

Take the fish back. . . You're WAY overstocked! And no fish can live either a long or a happy life in a tank full of nitrates. You're making the fish swim in their own toilet! The least you can do is try and care for it! If you really like all of these fish then you'll take most of them back. With all of those livebearers you'll either have lots of males fishting or tons of babies. Please don't make innocent animals suffer because you just don't care. :( :x If you take them back they'll have the chance to live in a tank with lots of space and good water conditions. Now you're condemning them to death.

Looking at your previous posts, you have quite a few illnesses and "strange" deaths in your tank:

2 dead male guppies, goldfish that ate tetras or attacked them, the white sick fish in your video, a dead black mollie, a fish with ick, which you flushed down the toilet, and recently bought some sick fish and introduced them into your tank (knowing they were sick).

Tiffi said:
Looking at your previous posts, you have quite a few illnesses and "strange" deaths in your tank:

2 dead male guppies, goldfish that ate tetras or attacked them, the white sick fish in your video, a dead black mollie, a fish with ick, which you flushed down the toilet, and recently bought some sick fish and introduced them into your tank (knowing they were sick).

yes and all of this would be from overstocking and not maintaining your tank!!! She is right you know.

Also if you flushed a fish wtih ich down the toilet, chances are there is still ich in your tank and the entire tank needs to be treated by raising the temp to 86 for at least 2 weeks.

AshleyNicole said:
chances are there is still ich in your tank and the entire tank needs to be treated by raising the temp to 86 for at least 2 weeks.

It isnt a chances are situation.. its a certianty.. the entire tank needs treated..
just to bring home the point.. if you have ich and dont treat the entire tank and quarnteen new fish you have ich even if you cant see it right now.

when was the last time you tested NO3 in your tank? NH3 or NO2.. if you have plants PO4?
odds are your heading for more problems then you realize with this tank..

Back
Top Bottom