All my fish swimming at the bottom...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjldad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Started my tank with 14 Bloodfin Tetras.. Thought they were mid to top level swimmers.. Looks like they like to hang out at the bottom though.. So I thought maybe another fish on the bottom would help them move to the middle.. So I added 8 cory's.. They are kinda boring right now, but becoming more active.. Am I wrong thinking the bloodfin's were mid to top level swimmers? I'm thinking of adding some Gouramis as well..

That is so weird.. I have ONE of the 14 that will hang out at the top.. He looks like he has a problem though.. Not as healthy looking as the others, looks like he was bred with a guppy or something from his body shape.. But all the others are swimming around with my new cory's....

Probably cause they are still warming up to their new home. My tetras would stay low and would hide behind a plant most of the time. But after about 2 weeks they warmed up to the tank and are out and about and in the mid-top mostly.

I hope that is the case.. They are mainly hiding under wood/decor when not scooting around the bottom.. They have been in there a week today.... Keeping my fingers crossed.. I like the looks of them, but they are making my tank look pretty boring right now because you don't really see anything in it when you first look.. Maybe the lighter colored substrate is making them hang at the bottom to try to camo themselves..

I will update if they ever decide to go up.. :)

Back
Top Bottom