almost all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
i almost lost all of my fish i use a ick treatment last night because my tank had ick and i lost 5 of my fry 3 neons and 1 guppie :cry: if the 1 guppie i have and the 1 neon i have makes it or dont make it how long do i have to wait to get more fish? :?:

well that all depends. i would say right away if you kept the temp up to 80. but i would clean the tank out real well first. but make sure to keep your filter wet while you do this so it doesnt kill the nessicary bactiria.
but before you even think of getting fish. what are your water conditions and such.see if there is not another problem?
and what ick treatmeant did you use.
most people just slowly raise the heat and that is the best easiest treatment. no need to be adding unnessisary chemicals to the tank.
sorry about my spelling im tired.
but letts get some info on your tank and some more poeple can be better able to help you

You need to be sure the ich is gone. I would run the tank with the temp at 87 for three weeks just to be certain the nasty stuff is gone.

A cleaning would only do the trick, if you ripped the whole thing down washed completly and put back up.

so the whole cycle over.oh ok. i wasnt sure thats why i said wait for someone better to help.
i thought maybe you could clean the filter and just take all the water out. but keep the some of the bacteria in it. and leave the heater on in the 80s to keep the chance of ich out?
well thanks for the help still trying to learn :)

IMO, I would not get new fish for at least 2-3 weeks after you know the ich is gone. Because of its life cycle you may think it is gone, but give it another week. It is amazing how these things can trick you. I am experiencing a situation myself where I had Dropsy and ICH at the same time. First for me. I will not be getting new fish for a while. Better safe than sorry.

Keeping the heat up at 87 is the best idea. Put active carbon in the filter to remove the meds from the tank. If your fish survive this will help them in the long run. If they don't survive you will have to go through another cycle as with no fish in the tank for 3 weeks, the beneficial bacteria will die off. I would try the heat method and carbon and see if you can save your exsiting fish.

all i have left in my tank is 2 algae eaters my female guppie died sometime this morning :cry: how do i clean the tank with the algae eaters still living

Back
Top Bottom