Am I overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fancytail

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!

I was hoping if I can get opinions from this community if they feel this tank is overstocked. I currently have these "Bottom feeders:"

• 3 Clown Loach
  • 1 Weather Loach

Algae eaters

• 4 Otocinclus
  • 1 bristlenose pleco
and some random guppies.

Thanks!

My tank is a 3/10's planted tank and is 100 gallons.
I want to add a group of panda corys from my other tank.

Aha! Sneaky edit! 100 gallons. Looks alright to me but I'm no expert.

Thanks a lot you two for the quick replies- I knew I forgot something after I pressed that submit button. Oh yeah, I'm also aware of how big Clown Loaches get. I plan to move them when they get too big.

Lol, if that tank is 100 gallons then you've got PLENTY of room!! As for the Panda Corys, you can add them too whenever you like!

Also, if I were you i'd add some fish that swim on the mid-upper levels of the tank - your tank must look a bit bear on the middle levels.

And finally, if you do want to move some clown loaches when you get bigger then be my guest, but you'd probably do fine to keep them in that for a good long while.

The clowns with be fine in the 100g. You have a ton of space. You have a lot of options.

Gouramis, rams, rainbows, keyhole cichlids, apistos, any tetra or cory cat, and even some inverts and odd balls like shrimp, snails, and glass cats.

Thank you for the opinions! I added another Clown Loach and plan to add some cory catfish soon. I heard that Clown Loach will eat Cory Catfish's eyes when they're sleeping, then again, that just sounds like a horror story and a bad case of "the luck of a draw."

Your fine in respects to bioload the only thing I would worry about is how big theses clowns are gong to get

No problem hehe! And Wow, i've definitely never heard that before but it could be true. But yeah, it does sound more like a horror story than anything else.

So have you got any other ideas on what to add?

I've heard that about clown knife fish and other knife fish but never once have I heard that about clown Loaches, makes me wonder where you got the info from. Loaches are some incredibly peaceful fish.

And I I were you I would add a black ghost knife fish

IMO it is the most interesting and exotic freshwater fish in the trade

And it would do nicely in 100gals

And no worries when it comes to aggression. For the fish is not aggressive towards its own

I think Zimmanski meant that he/she (sorry can't find whether you are a boy or girl in your profile lol) hadn't heard of clown loaches doing that to other fish. And Yeah, a BGKF would go great in that tank, they are great fish!

Haha no problem definitely male here. And I said "never once have I heard that about clown Loaches". "That" meaning that they eat the eyes of fish. I have clown loaches, zebra loaches, polka dot loaches, and kuhli loaches so I would say that I've heard of them a time or two.

Knife fishes love a dark enviorment so try to add some floating plants to reduce stress

Lol i think any other plant would get torn apart by you bottom dwellers

Knife fishes love a dark enviorment so try to add some floating plants to reduce stress

Lol i think any other plant would get torn apart by you bottom dwellers

I have quite a few bottom dwellers in my planted tank and nothing has ever been uprooted by them. The bottom dwellers listed by the OP don't necessarily sound to me like fish that will uproot plants other than possibly the pleco, but if the plants have a good root system this shouldn't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom