Amano shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So there is nothing in my tank that can eat my amanos why are they hiding.... I would understand if they were eating where their hiding but its like their sleeping are they nocturnal

I have 6 Amanos, they all hid for about the first 4-6 days. Now they are always out and about. Especially when I feed, once they see the shrimp pellets hit the ground they grab them. Feeding shrimp, shrimp pellets is so ironic lol

Edit: I wanted to add that the females are always out, since the females are almost all 2" long. The males then to hide in the plants or in the caves a majority of the time.

GoneFishing said:
I have 6 Amanos, they all hid for about the first 4-6 days. Now they are always out and about. Especially when I feed, once they see the shrimp pellets hit the ground they grab them. Feeding shrimp, shrimp pellets is so ironic lol

Edit: I wanted to add that the females are always out, since the females are almost all 2" long. The males then to hide in the plants or in the caves a majority of the time.

How can u tell males from females

Mine luv shrimp pellets I feed my cory and they snag a few lol

xfactor6699 said:
Mine luv shrimp pellets I feed my cory and they snag a few lol

Mine does the same thing. Lol. Amanos from what I read are most active during "lights off". They are more active now and often times comes out to wander around the tank than the first week when I got them.

The easiest way to determine the sex of an Amano Shrimp is their lowest stripe along the length of the body. Male shrimp have a line of separate dots while females have dashes almost appearing to be a broken line.

If you were a shrimp you would hide, you are on everyone's dinner menu. They do not know that a predator is not going to come along.

rich311k said:
If you were a shrimp you would hide, you are on everyone's dinner menu. They do not know that a predator is not coming to come along.

besides my farlowella cats they are bigger than most my fish lol

Back
Top Bottom