Amano shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not too sure at the moment it's really difficult to try and see them in green water lol. I keep testing the water to check the parameters and so far so good as I'm scared to do a change in case I throw the babies out with the bathwater so to speak :) I'm hoping that no ammonia spike means no death but how much ammonia could a dead larvae produce? My guess is it would be immeasurable. On the plus side I have 2 more carrying so this will not be my last attempt

Well the first attempt (and the second) were a washout :( Now on attempt number 3 and this time I've upped the salinity from 1.005 to 1.007. Fingers crossed.

From what ive read they bread in brackish rivers and the eggs/larva get swept out to the ocean or very close so i would think a much high Salinity would be needed

To be honest I can't seem to find any hard and fast rule as far as salinity for the shrimplets goes. I've seen reports of some successes at a fairly low level and others who had to go to full marine. I reckon that if I raise the level after each failed attempt, I should hit paydirt at some point (assuming everything else is in line)

your just lucky yours are berried i tried for months and nothing so i gave up and threw them in my brackish tank with my f8 because i didnt have room for them.

Back
Top Bottom