amano shrimp and angels.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Will angels eat amano shrimp. I would like to add some to my 29 planted tank along with a few cories. Currently it has 2 angels and an albino bn pleco

I have never experienced my Angels eating my Amanos when I kept them way back when. The only way I could think it would happen is if you had a case of large Angels and small Amanos :)

I have never experienced my Angels eating my Amanos when I kept them way back when. The only way I could think it would happen is if you had a case of large Angels and small Amanos :)

Wonderful I will try to find a place in Canada that sells them then. Thanks.

I've had angels for 30+ years and right now I have 12 adults in a 220g and they can and will eat even large shrimp as adults. Alot will depend on the individual angels so my best advice is get a few ghost shrimp and see if the angels leave them alone of if they slowly disappear. I've seen my adult angels kill and eat shrimp 2" in size, it takes them a minute to actually get them killed but they eventually get the job done and I have a super heavily planted tank. Try the cheap ghost shrimp first, then if all's good buy the more expensive amano shrimp.

It really depends on if you can sustain. They have very low bioloads, but the problem with them is making sure you have enough food to keep them around.

Don't you feed pellets for the cories algae tabs and zucchini, cucumber, lettuce for the shrimp and pleco and perhaps some fluval shrimp pellets on top of that. The reason I'm going with so many brome feeders is that I would like some more activity in the tank and its already stocked with the two angels. They weren't supposed to go in it but there was a serious aggression issue in my 55.

I've had angels for 30+ years and right now I have 12 adults in a 220g and they can and will eat even large shrimp as adults. Alot will depend on the individual angels so my best advice is get a few ghost shrimp and see if the angels leave them alone of if they slowly disappear. I've seen my adult angels kill and eat shrimp 2" in size, it takes them a minute to actually get them killed but they eventually get the job done and I have a super heavily planted tank. Try the cheap ghost shrimp first, then if all's good buy the more expensive amano shrimp.

Okay thanks river cats I don't think it will be an issue as they are not fully grown yet but I will try ghosts first.

Like rivercats said it depends on the individual angel. I happen to have a pretty mild one and just the other day watched one of my 1" Amanos make it back down. Then again my platy makes him back off too...lol. It might have helped that I had the angel since it was about the size of a quarter.

I've had my current angels since they were dime sized and only began having shrimp issues after they hit around a year and pairs began spawning.

Back
Top Bottom