AMI Master Kit, pH question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NOTDaleJR88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,

I have kind of a dumb question... but curious if anyone has had any experience with this.

As per suggestion from several people (and various threads I have seen here) I purchased an AMI Master Freshwater Kit. And while I find the kit seems to be more accurate than the strips I was using previously, I am interested about how some of you may be cleaning your test tubes.

See.. I believe my water here at my house has some issues. Specifically I think the pH of the water at my house may have an impact on the test tube readings. Has anyone experienced an impact of the water used to clean the tubes having an impact on the tubes after they have air dried?

I am constantly getting higher than optimal pH reading on my tank.. even after using products to lower the pH. But ONLY with the AMI Master kit.. test strips show the pH to be good. So the only thing I could think would impact this is the water residue left from cleaning the tubes out.

Just curious if anyone has any experience with a similar result.

Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming you mean API (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Inc), but either way I would think the same would be true of any liquid test kit...I use regular tap water to rinse both the test tubes and caps (btw I labeled all my test tubes for specific tests so chemicals don't accidentally get mixed somehow) and then dry them inside and out with paper towels. My tap water is fairly basic and my aquarium water is generally on the acidic side so my tap water doesn't seem to be affecting my tests.

Back
Top Bottom